Thursday, June 2, 2011

Holiday 2011 beginnings

I'm Emily, the summer design intern. I'm excited to take you behind the scenes on design related projects all summer long...from picking out fabrics and leathers to deciding on styles and sizes!

Holiday is my first collection to assist with, from ordering leather swatches to deciding on final styles to researching handbag chains. For the collection, we've selected to use a kelly green, bronze, and antique blue leather. After spending a semester abroad learning about handbag design and making my very first one, I was REALLY excited to be a part of a new "style" addition to the collection, called the "Sophie" Crossbody. I assisted Brynn with the design of "Sophie," configuring sizing, appropriate fabrics and researching the perfect chain. Going through the design process for Holiday from the beginning to starting the sample process has been such a great learning experience for me. Seeing how everything comes together to form a lovely collection of harmonizing leathers and fabrics to styles is amazing.

I will keep you posted with more as the holiday collection comes to life!

Now onto Spring...OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment